Before last year, the social media giant, Facebook has been at building relationships with friends and families. Now it is into the dating game. Facebook has launched its new dating site on its official app making it easy for its users to access. Unlike every other dating app.
Facebook dating provides an accurate matchmaking algorithm making it easy for users to find the right match. This unique algorithm provides matches pending on your preferences, things you have in common, and your interests.
Facebook dating also offers you security having in mind that your relationship life is deeply personal. ” Safety, security, and privacy are at the forefront of this product…”. Dating gives you the option of picking your matches by adding them to your secret crush list.
How to Get Started on Facebook Dating
What is a Secret Crush List?
Secret crush list is a section in Facebook dating where you can add your crushes on your mutual friends on Facebook or your Instagram followers to your secret crush list to match with them later. You can add up to nine crushes at a time and remove any if you wish.
Once a crush has been added, they automatically get a notification that someone has a crush on them. If they in return adds you to their secret crush list then its a match.
Once they have been added to this list and they add you too to theirs, then it is a match. But there is a little trick to this. If the person you are adding isn’t using Facebook dating, you both cannot become a match.
Key Features of Facebook Dating
Facebook dating is still undergoing testing as a result some features are not yet available for use by all of its users. It is not available in all of America.
The company hopes to get a reasonable amount of feedbacks before its full features will be launched and made available. Below are the key features of Facebook dating;
- Easy to set up Profile
- You can easily find your match through groups and events you are part of.
- Your secret crush list will help you match with people you already know either on your Facebook mutual friends list or your Instagram followers.
- Posts on Instagram can be added to your Facebook dating profile.
- Privacy and Security are assured. If you choose this feature, You have control over who sees details of your dates and location via messages.
- Users will be able to connect and share with their Facebook and Instagram stories.
How to Set up my Facebook Dating profile
Setting up your dating profile is pretty much easy with Facebook dating. FBdating is not an app. In other to set up your profile, you need to update your recent Facebook app from your device play store or download the Facebook app on your play store.
Your Facebook dating profile is different from your Facebook profile. Whatever changes you make on your Facebook profile does not affect your Facebook dating profile at all. Here are some tips on how to set up your Facebookdating profile;
- You must be 18 or more to use Facebook dating
- Update your Facebook social media app
- Go to the menu button at the button right corner of your screen. ( It look like three lines stacked above each other)
- Scroll down to DATING and click on it
- By default, a profile has already been created for you using your details from your Facebook account. You can change the information and if you want to.
- Specify who you would like to date (Women, Trans-women, men, Trans-men, and Non-binary people are all options)
- Specify how you want your date to look like (age, preferred height, religious views, if you want children or not)
- Upload your profile photo.
- Write a short biography of who you are. (Maximum of 500 characters)
Now your profile is set, you can head on to finding your match. If you are interested in someone, hit the like button or comment on their FB dating profile to let them know. You can only do this if the person you like uses FBdating too.
Where is Facebook Dating Available?
For now, FB dating is available in 20 countries in the world (Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay, and Vietnam ) including the U.S.