How to Remove Snow from Car is one of the major and frustrating thing that car owners or those driving car find it very hard to do. And why is it so? The main reason is that it can really be frustrating if you do not have an idea on how to go about doing that.
However, you should worry less because here I will be showing you how you can go about and the steps you should follow when it comes to removing snow from car.
But then, what exactly are snow? Snow are solid precipitation that occurs in different kinds of minute ice crystals at a temperature below zero degree Celsius however as bigger snowflakes, they occur at a temperature close to zero degree Celsius.
Do not get it twisted, snow and ice are made up of water, the only difference between the two is that snow is the frozen atmospheric vapor that falls during winter as light flakes on planet earth, while ice is just a simple frozen water.
It is very essential that you remove snow from car before you proceed to driving. In that way, it can help for better visibility especially on the car glass while driving.
Snow removal is simply the act of removing or clearing snow after a snow fall so as to enable easy travel and safer travel or trip. Removal of snow is most time done by individuals or by government as well as institution. Snow removal is very important as it prevents any injury that can be caused by slipping on snow especially wet snow.
It also prevents your car from gliding. Generally, it is very important to prevent further or unexpected injuries and harm.
Snow Removal Service
A snow removal service or company are the ones responsible taking snow away from site. Snow clearance is actually different from snow removal. Snow clearance is the moving away of snow from car parks and so on and dropping it onsite somewhere where it can easily melt. While snow removal simply means removing snow away from site.
The snow removal service can mainly be found in the United States of America because that is where snows falls.
Their services mainly include:
Snow Removal Equipment
Snow removal equipment are tools used in the clearance and removal of snow and the best equipment you can get include:
- All-Wheel Steer Loaders.
- Snow Blowers.
- Skid-Steer Loaders.
- Mini Track Loaders.
- Utility Vehicles.
- Backhoe Loaders.
While the essential snow removal equipment attachments include:
- Snow Buckets.
- Angle Plows.
- Snow Pushers.
- Snow Blowers.
- Spreaders and so on.
How to Remove Snow from Car
Here is a great step to remove snow from car:
- Clear the snow from around your vehicle
- To do this, you will have to warm up your car to begin the melting process. While waiting, you can clear snow from the hood, roof, and trunk lid.
- Next is to clear the side windows as well as the rear windows. I will advise you clear the windshield last. The reason is to give the defroster enough time to start melting the ice.
- Also, remember to clean your exterior mirrors, taillights, headlights, and turn signals.
- Lastly, clean up and dry your wiper blades. Also make sure that your wiper fluid nozzles are clear.
N.B: If you have been using your wiper for over six months, or they are not cleaning the window so well, then you should consider replacing them.
Removing snow from car without scratching it
You have been trying to remove snow from your car but you are scared its gonna scratch? You don’t have to be, just follow the steps below for snow removal without having to scratch your car or car paint:
- Firstly, allow the snow to melt. And how can you do this? You can de-ice snow from your car with the help of a warm water or warm up your car.
- Now blow out the snow with the aid of a leaf blower.
- Make use of a snow brush or tool (a soft foam broom) to remove snow. Although, you can make use of any brush but just make sure that the brush doesn’t scratch your car paint. That means you have to be extra careful while brushing out snow from car.