BMW. Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, popularly known as BMW is a German multinational company that manufactures classy motorcycles and vehicles. The company was founded in the year 1916 as a producer of aircraft engines, which is manufactured from the year 1917 till 1918 and also from 1933 to 1945.
Automobiles are being merchandized below the brands Rolls-Royce, BMW, and Mini, and motorcycles are merchandized under the brand, BMW Motorrad. In the year 2015, the company was the 12th largest manufacturer of motor vehicles worldwide with about 2,279,503 manufactured.
The company has got an important and useful history in motorsport, mainly in sports cars, touring cars, Isle of Man TT, and Formula 1.
BMW has its headquarters in Munich and it manufactures motor vehicles in Brazil, Germany, China, South Africa, India, the United States, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
How much is the BMW i8?
The 2020 BMW i8 model is sure very great models for the company. Here are some of the features of the 2020 BMW i8:
- It has got a head-turning innovative and advanced design
- The 2020 BMW i8 is an excellent integration of both powertrain and in-car technology.
- It has got some amazing powertrain and limited production guarantee exclusivity.
Though, there are still some things to dislike about it which include:
- It is hard to get in and out.
- The car lags competitors, performance-wise.
- The powertrain is a bit unrefined for the price.
- It has few advanced driving tips available.
It is priced at $147,500.
Is BMW reliable?
The BMW Series Convertible was awarded in 2012, the first place in a list of the least reliable cars, while the 5 Series was 3rd.
Are BMW expensive to maintain?
Yes, the BMWs are really expensive to maintain. You could be spending a total cost of $17,800 for a 10 years period of maintenance. So, you owning an expensive car requires so much maintenance and you are going to be spending much.
What does BMW stand for?
BMW stands for Bayerische Motoren Werke GmbH or Bavarian Motor Works in English, which translates to the Bavarian Engine Works Company. The company was built in the year 1917 by the Munich firm Rapp-Motorenwerke. The automobile company was assimilated into Knorr-Bremse AG in the year 1920 before it was later reinstituted as BMG AG in the year 1922.
The company was the descendant of Bayerische Flugzeugwerke AG, established in the year 1916. 1916 is hence known as the founding year of the company.
How did the company get its name?
Wondering how BMW got its name? Well, here are some little things to know about the company:
- The company was founded in the year 1913 by Karl Rapp and the Rapp Motorenwerke company produced aircraft engines in Munich, Germany. They changed the name officially to Bayerische Motoren Werke in the year 1917 when Karl Rapp evacuated the company.
- ‘Bayerische’ (Bavarian) shows the headquarters of the company in Bavaria, which is a federal state in the southeastern part of the Czech Republic and Germany bordering Australia.
- The blue and white round logo of the company was formerly instituted in the year 1917 and replicates the Bavarian flag. The Bavarian flag is a blue and white multicolored diamond pattern.
- The company’s complete name is ‘BMW AG’. The AG there represents “Aktiengesellschaft”, which simply means an establishment possessed by shareholders.
The slogan of the company
The BMW slogan which is “The Ultimate Driving Machine” was formerly used in the year 1974 in North America and in 2010, it was temporarily replaced with the slogan “Joy”. After some time in 2012, the 1974 slogan of “The Ultimate Driving Machine” was returned and is still used to date.